You can build your list simply by writing articles, whether you have thought of it or not.
Quite simply, you write and submit your articles on your topic of expertise or business nature to popular article directories where eZine publishers and readers are looking for the information you provide.
Leveraging your viral marketing efforts on article writing can be rewarding, if done right. In the real sense, you are actually proving your worth and demonstrating your expertise about your business through the articles you write.
If your articles are found worth sharing, eZine publishers will republish your articles together with your resource box for their readers and subscribers. The wonderful result: viral marketing without effort on your part!
You can start by writing and submitting your articles to trusted article submitter sites such as article marketer.comÂ and begin your article marketing journey today.Â Submit to EA first and wait a while before you submit it to other directories because they are quite strict about duplicated content.
Ezine Articles makes it very easy to do but make sure you follow their rules.
Write about something you are passionate about so that your enthusiasm comes through.
your articles should be from 250-600 words.Â Some use a paragraph style while others use point by point by pointÂ bullet style.Â Both work fine.
So, how can this method in effect build your mailing list?
The answer: the ‘resource box’Â you attach to your articles.
In your resource box (also known as bio box), you include a very brief detail about yourself and how to get mote info about the subject you just wrote about together with its URL.
It is strongly suggested that your resource box URL links to your mailing listâs Capture PageÂ page where you can get your visitorâs name and email address, which will in turn help you build your mailing list at no cost.
Today we will look at how to generate website traffic via article marketing.
Before we get started, here are two quick realities about generating traffic with articles.
- Itâs EASY! Writing and submitting articles can be really easy.
- Itâs HARD! For most people the hard part isÂ being consistent in the process of writing and submitting articles.
As with all marketing, the intangibles to winning are focus, consistency and patience.
More specifically with generating article trafficâŚ
- Focus on using the right keywords. (They are keys to the kingdom)
- Consistently write and submit your articles. (The cumulative effect and impact will amaze you)
- Have patience and let the articles work. (Remember, success happens over timeâŚ not overnight.)
With that said, letâs get started.
With articles, I like to put them into two different categories.
- SEO Articles (Written for top rankings in the search engines.)
- Content Articles (Written for expert positioning to compel and sell.)
Compelling articles create a gravity towards you, your sites, your offers, etc. and make it much easier to sell your stuff.
Hereâs the interesting part about writing compelling articles.
Itâs not âwhat you sayâ that is most compellingâŚ itâs âwhat you donât say.â
In other words, leaving enough black holes in your content that tugs on your audiences desire to want more.
The brain has a tendency to seek completion and close loops. And you can use this to your advantage by putting out great content that is incompleteâŚ content so great your readers love it, and yet so incomplete they run to you wanting more.
The Cliff Hanger Method
If youâre a fan ofÂ a soap opera âŚjust think of the feeling you get at the end of the episode where you just canât wait until the next day.
Daytime soaps have mastered this âcliff hanger methodâ as I like to call it. As for using the âcliff hanger methodâ to create headlines and teasersâŚÂ just look at the trailers for the evening news, certainly they have also mastered this.
Got it? âŚgood!
Now letâs get started with your article marketing to generate article traffic.
If youâre ready, here is a great check list.
* Decide on topics based on your market & your expertise and create an ideas file.
* Create an Article Template for your writing. Article directories work best with text based articles. Just use plain text, no formatting, no tables etc. by creating and saving your articles in Notepad or another text based editor. Within each file include the Title, Category, Word Count, Key Words and Summary. You will need to enter this information with each article submission.
*Create your author resource box of about 50 words in length. This is what will appear at the end of your articles stating who you are, what you do, the service or product and benefits you provide and a call to action inviting the reader to your website to sign up for your free report, newsletter or other offering. Don’t forget to add the URL. The resource box should be written in third person.
*Create your author bio of up to about 150 words in length. Some of the article directories require a bio in addition to a resource box. Your bio will be based on your skills, experience and achievements and should also be written in third person.
* Choose an author photo that you will upload when creating your profiles. Most article directories will ask for one. Your photo will help people connect with you and should be professional looking.
* Create a list of directories you are going to submit to. Start small with about 3 directories. Try EzineArticles, Article Dashboard, and GoArticles to start. sites. (Always start with Ezine Articles first & wait a while before submitting anywhere else)
* Sign up for accounts with these directories and record the Name of the directory, Login URL, User Name, Password and any specific guidelines.
* Create an Article Marketing Tracking document in the form of a spreadsheet to track the above directory information, articles submitted and dates submitted.
* Write your first 400 – 600 word article in your niche and start submitting.
Most of the above steps are to be set up just once .. When you have everything in place, make sure you write and submit your articles regularly. If you write an ezine or newsletter, you can repurpose these works. Once your subscribers have received their copy, start submitting to the article directories. If you have an eBook you have written, you can also rework chapters of the bookÂ into shorter articles.
If the above sounds like a great marketing tactic but you lack the time, consider hiring a Virtual Assistant to set you up with the accounts, edit your writing and submit your articles. You will also find persons on Fiverr that will write one or more articles in your niche for as little as $5.
Thatâs it for today. Hope you have found this helpful.
Be sure to talk back to me while youâre here. I look forward to your questions and comments. So leave a comment, ok?
To your success…